Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Will Come - Right?



Yesterday, this rolled off my tongue.  “I’d be happy with temperatures in the 40s and call that Spring.”   Now I know that “I’ve arrived” as a Clevelander.  How could this be?  I was just planning to stay for a few years...

Seventeen years later, I profess that I’m not here because of the weather!  When we left the South, I wondered why people stay in this climate.   The warm and tender hearts I’ve met along the way answer that question easily.

 People living in the Great Lakes Regions know the perils of Lake Effect Everything!  As we wait for the PROMISE OF SPRING to arrive in Cleveland, here are a few tips to push us through.

Ten Things to do While Waiting for Spring in Cleveland, Ohio

1. Go South  - until July.

2. Stare longingly at your spring and summer wardrobe.

3. Dance a spring ritual in your kitchen. Make sure someone is watching.

4. Take a retail therapy road trip –preferably in the South.  South Akron does not count.

5. Get a jump on spring-cleaning.  Ignore this idea – too ambitious.

6. Hide your fabulous boot collection.

7.  Recall the names of your neighbors who have been hibernating too. They’ll be out walking as soon as the thermometer climbs and you will want to remember them.

8.  Try on a swimsuit – or not.

9.  Visit a microbrewery. Cry in your beer.

10. Embrace your down parka and wear it proudly. You might be wearing it to the Memorial Day Parade.


Happy Spring  - whenever it gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment